Monday, October 4, 2010

Style and Medium

When I was researching inspiration for different illustration techniques I found a helpful website( http://www.childrensillustrators.com) that was a wonderful source of many children illustrators. I explored the different materials and styles that each artist uses from collage, paper sculpture, gouache, oil, pastel, watercolor, woodcut, acrylic, cartoon, and 3-D computer to just name a few. It was really neat to see many unique ways to capture a children's story. Each artist had their own since of style and creativity and it was so much fun exploring each of the artist portfolios.

I regret that I was not able to spend more time on drawing this week. I have a HUGE interior design project due, and it has consumed my every waking moment (and quite frankly my sleeping moments too)! However, I plan to work on drawing a lot this week especially over fall break.   

No comments:

Post a Comment