Monday, September 27, 2010

Having Fun!

I enjoyed working on the Calapitter campfire scene this week. I was able to sit outside by one of my trees in the back yard and imagine where, if I were a calapitter, I would want to roast mashmellow, tell stories, and be warmed by the fire. So I decided to have them sit on a tree root coming from a very unique tree in our backyard. This tree looks like a combo of a cherry blossom and a weeping willow and we call it the cherry willow. This tree also happens to be the tree I am using to sketch their home. I have to look at something when I am drawing for me to really produce a detailed more accurate drawing. I can't wait to add color to the drawing to bring it to life! I am still not sure what colors I want to make each of the Calapitters and I am still experimenting with different ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment